Leishmania in a dog

Thomas E. Quaka 104242.3312 at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 25 02:57:18 BRST 1996

I do not know exactly when the Huskies were imported into Canada. The
article was written in the August 1, 1996 issue of the JAVMA. The article
refers to only one Husky who came into Canada and was diagnosed with
Leishmania 4 months later. The dog was placed on allopurinol for the next 9
months. 19 months after the allopurinol was discontinued, the dog had sired
2 litters and was an active sled dog. So I assume that these dogs must have
been imported about 3 years ago or more.
    Debra Quaka