Antimonial drugs recipients colors

Reynaldo Dietze rdietze at npd1.ufes.br
Mon Aug 19 23:38:36 BRT 1996

At 12:34 PM 18/8/96 -0300, you wrote:
>I would like to receive comments from this list about the following
>subject:
>
>can the antimonial drugs be inactivated by light (sun light) ?
>has The color of the antimonial drugs recipients to be amber ?
>
>thank you for all,
>
>Medeiros,R.S.
>1742, Honorio R. Dantas st,
>Natal - RN.
>59054-750. Brazil.
>fone: +55 (084) 222 9692.
>E-mail: raphaela at br.homeshopping.com.br

        Dear Rafalela,

                All five Na+ stibogluconate brands available
(Welcome/Pentostan, one Chinese, and 3 from India) use amber vials.  The
only exception is glucantime (n-metil-glucamine antimoniate) from Rhodia.
Dispite the fact that inside glucantime boxes there is a recommendation to
protect the drug against light, the company says that the drug is not
affected by light.  Wear.

                Reynaldo Dietze
Reynaldo Dietze, M.D.
Nucleo de Doencas Infecciosas - UFES