GENOME MEETING

T W Jones, TAH TWJ at lab0.vet.edinburgh.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 06:28:30 BRT 1994

-

Date:          Sun, 10 Apr 94 15:16:07 EST
From:          Jeffrey Jon Shaw <jeffrey at ftpt.br>
To:            Multiple recipients of list <leish-l at ftpt.br>
Subject:       GENOME MEETING

RE:- RIO GENOME NETWORK MEETING.

By now you may have read the notice concerning the GENOME
meeting in Rio.

Although it is not an open on-line meeting I think that anybody
who has constructive comments should make them. Just return
them to Leish-L and we will do our best to see that they
reach the organizers.

With best wishes

Jeffrey Shaw
Comments/questions on the parasite genome network and the Rio meeting

1. Does the African tryps include non-tsetse tryps - T.evansi and
T.vivax? If so CTVM, Edinburgh would be very interested in
participating in the network as we have a long-running programme on
T.evansi with a large number of well-characterised stocks of T.evansi
from a wide range of countries.

2. As well as T.evansi CTVM holds an extensive collection of T.brucei
and T.congolense stocks.

I would be grateful if you could pass these comments on to the
organising committee at Rio and network co-ordinators
CTVM's interest in more info on the parasite genome network
(a bit late for the meeting itself).

Tudor W. Jones
Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine
University of Edinburgh